Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I have filed for unemployment benefits

What with my last paycheck having arrived two weeks ago and my immediate prospects looking slim, I decided to go ahead and apply for unemployment benefits today. It was a pretty simple process, all things considered, and with any luck, I should start receiving benefits in a couple of weeks. When one signs up for benefits, California requires one to register with CalJobs. So I did. There wasn't much, but I saw a position for a concierge post at one of the top hotels in the city and decided to apply. They have an extensive online application, which I began on right away; when I got about half of the way through, I decided to break for lunch and fill out the rest later.

Fast forward a couple of hours: I just got an e-mail from the hotel saying:


Thank you for your interest in [Name Hidden] Hotels and Resorts. We have received your application for the position of Concierge (Job ########) at The [Name of Hotel] and regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a position at this time.


What the heck? I hadn't even completed the application. I thought that meant that it hadn't been submitted and that, therefore, no one would look at it. I don't understand. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment