Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Job Interview!

I had one yesterday. It was just an initial phone interview, but it was about 15 minutes long and it seemed to go well. That was confirmed when I got an invite for an in person interview tomorrow. This isn't necessarily my ideal job, plus it's a contract position, but at this point I need something. Plus, I'd be working for an awesome company, though, because it's a contract position, I'd actually be getting my pay and benefits from a different company.

This is exciting because I could get a job offer, but also because if that happened, I'd have some leverage at my internship, where I really want to work. I feel that my work at the internship should be a real job, one they pay me for; if I get a job offer elsewhere, I can go in and say, "Look, you keep telling me what a great job I'm doing and you don't want me to leave. I've got a job offer elsewhere, but if you can give me a an equal or better offer, I'll stay here." (I won't say that exactly, but that's the gist.)

In other news, I'm keeping grad school as an option, so I'm going to a grad school fair next week. I want to see what's out there so I can make an informed decision. We'll see how this all shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment