Monday, September 14, 2009

No Mo' FSO

First off, I want to apologize to *Ily and Lanafactrix who have both left some great comments on my blog. You see, blogger is supposed to e-mail me when somebody comments on a post and it didn't. I just discovered your wonderful bits of advice and wish that I'd read them earlier.

Now, I have one potentially big piece of bad news: my current application to the Foreign Service will go no further. I got an e-mail today from the State Department saying that I will not be interviewing with them for a job. The reason I say potentially bad news is that I'm not sure I'm upset about it. Sure, I would have loved to have the honor of having a job with the State Department, but I don't want to do something for which I'm unprepared.

In other news, I applied for a completely different kind of job: a sales associate position at a national chain of cooking stores. It's part-time, so even if I did get it, it wouldn't be ideal; however, with the holiday season coming up, there's probably the potential for a significant number of hours.

Also, I saw my manager from my last retail job on Friday. After telling her my current situation, she told me that if I'm still looking for a job come October/November, she might hire me for extra help during the holiday season. She and I both hope that I have a "real" job before then, but if I need it, it's nice to know that's a possibility.

Off to apply for more jobs!

1 comment:

  1. No problem--I discovered a few weeks ago that someone who'd faithfully commented on my blog wasn't getting the emails I sent her. She must have thought I was incredibly rude to ignore her for months . . .

    Boo on the State Department, but yay for retail possibilities. Maybe I should look into that . . .

    ReplyDelete