Tuesday, August 4, 2009

High School Admissions?

I don't know if anyone's still reading this, seeing as I haven't posted in three weeks; however, I just saw a commercial for Julia & Julia (which I can't wait to see), and it inspired me to blog again.

I have turned in my short essay answers that comprise phase two of the Foreign Service Officer application, so now I have to wait until October to find out if I make it to stage three (the interview). Keep your fingers crossed for me.

In the mean time, I've applied for two more jobs, both with high school admissions offices. The first is at my own high school, but I've not heard anything from them in almost two weeks. I'm not sure if anything is going to come of it. Fortunately, I have a couple of connections at the other job, and I only applied for it last Friday, so maybe something will happen there.

I posted my resume on Monster and Career Builder, but I don't think those sites are going to get me anywhere. I've been contacted a few times by people who've seen my resume, but they have only offered insurance positions. If I wanted to make a lot of money and I didn't care how, I would have jumped on these opportunities, but I don't. It's that simple.

The clock's ticking. The last of my pay from my old job—as well as my benefits—come on August 31st. I really need to find something soon.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I like this blog, it makes me feel like I'm not the only one who had a career in mind but isn't sure anymore...I've been thinking about blogging about every career I've considered since I've graduated. Maybe on my LJ, because if I start one more new blog I will go insane (okay, I only have 2 blogs, but I drive myself crazy with my self-imposed schedule for Asexy Beast). Yeah, I don't have the slightest idea how anyone gets a job on Monster. I got one decent lead from posting my resume on Craigslist, but the people offering the job were really flaky. Have I told you about the YNPN jobs listserv? There's stuff there if you want to work at a nonprofit. You can sign up for it at ynpn.org.

    ReplyDelete