Thursday, August 6, 2009

Statistics

I may have just posted (something like 20 minutes ago), but I just read this highly interesting and intriguing article in the New York Times. In "For Today's Graduate, Just One Word: Statistics" reporter Steve Lohr writes about how statistics is fast becoming a highly desirable occupation. In the Internet age, many companies are doing whatever they can to increase site hits, search speed, and so much more.

I've always been a bit obsessed with statistics, specifically population and weather, but anything will do. I took classes in statistics in both high school and college, though I never went any further with it. What I liked about studying this particular branch of math is that it is applicable to just about everything. I'm interested in so many different things. Perhaps this is the way to link to everything I enjoy while still being focused on one particular subject? Time to investigate statistics programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment